Oostvaardersplassen outdoor centre
The Oostvaardersplassen outdoor centre is the kick-off point for an adventurous exploration through the Oostvaardersplassen nature reserve. Numerous walking and cycle routes start from here, as well as excursions and other activities. The visitor centre also offers eats and drinks, whilst you can enjoy the beautiful views over the water from the terrace.
There’s also an information desk, a shop and a film and meeting room.
In the outdoor centre’s shop you’ll find various items to enhance and complement your experience of the nature reserve, including maps and binoculars. Other items include attractive souvenirs and gifts, such as books on nature and wildlife, together with a full range of unique regional products.
Navigation address: Kitsweg 1, 8218 AA Lelystad. The outdoor centre is not easy to reach by public transport. Bikes can be rented at Lelystad train station.
- Every monday closed
- Every tuesday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every wednesday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every thursday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every friday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every saturday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Every sunday from 10:00 to 17:00
- April – October (incl.): Tuesday to Sunday (incl.) 10am – 7pm, also open on Mondays in July and August.
November – March (incl.): Tuesdays to Fridays (incl.) 10am – 4pm, Saturdays and Sundays 10am – 4pm.
Closed on Thursday 14th December.
Closed on Easter Sunday and on Christmas Day.
Open on Boxing Day 10 – 4pm, 31st December 10 – 2pm and on 1st January noon – 4pm.